Thursday, August 24, 2006

Today....
Well, not today, but this weekend I wasted two hours of my life on a movie. Snakes on a Plane, or as it should have been called; Snakes? On a Muthaf*&%ing Plane?! was supposed to be stupid. Instead, it was two hours of shifting uncomfortably in my chair, not because of any intense moments, but because ten minutes into the movie, after the first death, I knew I had made a terrible mistake going to see that crap. Am I weird? Does that movie not suck ax? I would think the answer(to the 2nd question) is a resounding YES, but apparently the five other people who went with me thought it was "great". Are you freaking kidding me?! But when I said I wanted to see Idlewild, they sneered at me! Unbelievable! You'll see that hack trash, but a movie that looks to be good AND cast black folks in a good light gets no support! A crying shame. In Dallas, legislation is being proposed to ban sagging jeans from the city, saying its indecency. Thats bull. Why does idiot legislation always target minorities? No "gang apparel" in the NBA, no grills in school(a little different, but still), and now no sagging jeans? Im not a fan of sagging, but to attemt to make it illegal is rediculous. I can imagine the old white folks sitting around trying to ban anything they associate with blacks; hip hop, baggy jeans, basketball. Oh snap! They did try to ban basket ball from certain neighborhoods in Dallas! Whats next on the stereotypical legislation? No frying of a chicken? No fruits bigger than cantelopes? When are people going to learn to stop stereotyping? Hip hop aint evil. Baggy jeans dont raise crime levels. Stop wasting our time by thinking up racist, first amendment infringing laws, and do something useful for once, like help the poor or something. And floss. Because apparently, brushing aint enough. Stupid cavities with no dental insurance.....

In the news....

Those two kidnapped reporters are in a mess of trouble since we "don't negotiate with terrorist". I hope this doesnt end bad..... Terry(?) Hornbuckle , the Dallas preacher accused of rape, is found guilty. "See. THATS why I dont go to church." is said 12 million times simultaneously across America..... Hells Angels wins a lawsuit against the police for the shooting of 3 dogs during raids, but they still are the worlds 2nd most organized gang(way to go Republicans)..... Isnt it nice to hear Andre 3000 rapping again?..... Friday marks the 5th anniversary of Aaliyah's death. RIP Baby Girl..... New Orleans is still messed up. People act like they forgot.....Happy Birthday Farren ......-j

No comments: