Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Today it rained....
I like the rain, and it was much needed around here. Im finding out more and more what influences creativity with me. So far I have my best friend, rain, Louis Armstrong, classical music, and wine. I just read about a Nebraska state trooper who was fired because of involvement with the KKK, but was reinstated because he was off duty when involved in their activities. Hmm, let me think about this one...I have a federal job, and know of several people(all black, but thats probably coincidental) who have been fired for similar reasons. One was fired for being arrested(unpaid tickets), one was fired for having to extensive of a history(5 yrs ago was his last arrest, and he worked for over a year before being let go), and one was fired because of bad credit. All these people are in positions of public trust, so were let go. Now we have a KKK member cop, but they say he didnt bring his ideals to work? Laughable. Not humorously, but hysterically. This hypocrisy is enough to drive one mad. Police officers are in positions of power, and to have an officer openly partake in a local terrorist group but maintain his position is unbelievable. It doesnt matter if he was off the clock; does your job allow you to do drugs as long as youre off the clock? If I was a known participant in any "militant" group(even the black panthers) I would be fired before I could say "F the police". Whats that? What can be done? Im glad you asked. Say something. Its as simple as not remaining silent that stuff gets done. How many people are going to write a letter to that police station, or the state, or anybody? How many news stations are even going to report the story? We gotta stop sitting on the sidelines and be heard. Off the subject, but where is Martin onDVD? Friends' season finale was all over the news, so was Seinfield. Martin was on the air as the most popular black show for like eight seasons, yet dissapeared off the air like a fart in the wind. I cant even get it on DVD. And go see Idlewild if you havent. Im tired of being stuck with the same old crap. Drugs, basketball, and rap. Its more to us than that...my bad Kweli. I been chilling hard all day, and wanna keep going, but I gotta go to a meeting. Or do I? Nobody reads this thing anyway...-j

In the news....
I dont even feel like talking about the news. Well, it was amusing for Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (I had to copy and past his name) to challenge President Bush to a live televised debate. I seriously doubt ol' W will take him up on that....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i look for your blog everyday you have very insightful thoughts please keep it up