Sunday, August 20, 2006

In My Life....
Today I heard the most racist thing ever. I was talking to these two white guys about the war and stuff earlier, when something strange happened. Muslims came into the fray, and one of the guys used the term "towel-head". Not the peak of racism yet. I(shamefully) corrected him and informed him the proper non-PC term is "rag-head". Thats when things got strange. He shrugged off the correction, like he already knew, and looking at the other(white) guy, said "There are worse terms, you know, that I wont use. " I didn't think it could get much worse than that, but what was strange is the look of understanding they gave each other. I do consider myself well informed on racial matters, but it was the look, and nod of familiarity that threw me. And their hesitance to use this term just made me have to know that much more. I pressed on and they finally said it....Wait for it....."Sand-niggers". WHAT?! Read it again. I'll wait....My initial response was repulsion. Its so crude, juvenile, and not even clever. The trip though was how it seemed like common knowledge amongt them! I wondered how many of these secret terms do white people have? And how often do they come up? I assumed that young white kids, especially when listening to hip hop, would use the term nigger, laborously but loosely, as some sort of guilty pleasure: kinda like when little kids used to cuss in secret. But these were adults. I wanna investigate this issue of how different people act when among their own. It seems impossible on ones own account to be able to see both sides. When it comes to race, there are no sidelines. This sounds like a can of worms to me, but Im curious. Sand-ni....... Unbelievable. Almost as much as people who deny racism still exist. Im too distracted to be thinking about that right now though, MTV is playing in the background, and apparently it makes my words be not that good. Brain cells feel like they trying to run underwater. Let me get away from this before I kill the few brain cells I have left. They dont come back, ya know. Whats going on in the news?

The rest of the world....
Tiger Woods smashes ath the PGA tourney again this year, pissing of old racist white men once again....Snipers in Iraq aim at Shiite pilgrims. Since the govmnt. knew it was a potential target, why didnt they bump up security or something?.... I dont care what anyone says, Hilary Clinton is running in '08, and its a bad idea..... Busta Rhymes is accused of beating up a guy for spitting on his car. He better chill out before people start comparing him to Mike Tyson....... and Snakes on a Plane not doing as well as predicted? I am actually shocked. I thought the dumber a movie was, the better it would sell.......-j

No comments: