Monday, September 11, 2006

Everything in moderation....
I think Benjamin Franklin said that. Of course, he stole it from the bible, but people dont like quoting the bible for some reason. I think I past the point of moderation ten cookies ago. Mini-Nilla wafers, even when dipped in strawberry cool whip, have their limits. Its five years after 9/11. For some reason, I was antsy all day. The first four years after just flew by for me, but I expected something to happen this one for some reason. I work at the airport, and it was uneventful even for a normal day. Thats the third thing I have been wrong about in the past few weeks. I had been having "preminitions" about certain events in the past few weeks. Nothing too x-files, just I would wonder about someone or thing, and that person/thing would be in the limelight soon after. It first happened when Corretta Scott King died. The day before, I had a dream that she died. I had a good run since then, guessing events and such, but lately I have been dead wrong(ha! dead wrong!) on several occasions. Most notably, I had the strongest feeling the day before yesterday, that I was going to die(hence my amusement with being dead wrong). I called a couple of people to tell them I love them(if I didnt call you, please dont get angry), but the feeling remained throughout the day. I lived, but the next morning, my ex girlfriend called me to tell me she had a dream that I died. Strange, but Im still alive, and still wrong. I guess my precognitive fantasies were just lucky guesses(sigh). I just now realized that even though I thought it was my last day, I still went to work. Wow. Good thing I didnt die. That wouldve been a crappy way to spend my last day. If it was your last day, what would you do? Maybe you should do it now, since you never know when its time. Off topic, but you know what I find amusing? Listening to all the music in my computer on random. Theres music from like every genre, and the randomness makes it that much more interesting. From Lupe Fiasco, to Luis Armstrong, to Lauryn Hill, to Uncle Luke, back to Ludwig Von Bethoven. I even got stuff I shouldnt have, like Clement Cralie(a french chick I like, even tho I dont understand what shes saying), and Herbie Hancock(even though hes before my time). Its a trip going back and forth. Keeps my emotions on their toes. It seems like I should be writing about 9/11 and stuff, remembering where I was and all, but Im kinda 9/11ed out. Moderation. I think all the media coverage on terror, and the possiblity of terror, and domestic terror, and remembering 9/11 is starting to get to me. I need a break from all this. Since vacations dont come cheap, I bought a fantasy book to get lost in for a while. Its good to be distracted. Clears the head. Too much, apparently, can make one sick to the stomach. Either that, or too much cool whip. Im gonna go throw up about something else now.........-j

No comments: