Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Emotions....
Fuel creativity more than any controlled substance could dream. This is a public servant announcement to all writers, poets, philosophers(ghetto and other), and observers of life: Pain is not the only emotion. In the words of a resurrected Dr. Martin Luther King to a passionate, enlightened youth- "Do what you can." You gotta enjoy the simple pleasures of life, like calling into work, and when the traffic lights all turn green in succession. Remember when you were a kid, and saying cuss words in secret was enough to provide hours of entertainment? Why is it the older we get, the more desperate the means of obtaining a smile become, the way a fiend ups the dosage trying to relive that first high? Simplicity...

1 comment:

Pandai'a said...

Enjoy the simple pleasures in life?

Shit! I knew I was forgetting to do something... maybe if I eat ice cream all the time I'll remember to do that.

Thanks for the advice, you should really make posters, or get around to that novel- I think it might help motivate all those sad, sappy suckers to know that someone out there has already figured out how to remember to do this 24/7.

... of course if I took your advice and ate ice cream cones all the time, I might balloon to Texan-like proportions and be kind of bummed about it.

Then the pain will set in. *bites knuckle*.

No worries though, because I'll have a poster of yours conveniently located on a wall near me.

Maybe it'll say something like, 'Remember that time all the lights were green?' with a picture of a cute puppy. And then I'll be like, 'Oh yeah... life's simple pleasures.'

Surely in no time everything will be o-kay, and no one will ever have to voluntarily read about it in my blog! God you're my hero.