Friday, August 10, 2007

There is a song...
Stuck in my head. It goes...
I get down for my grandfather who took my mama/ made her sit in that seat when white folks didnt want us to eat./ At the tender age of six she was arrested for the sit in/ and with that in my blood I was born to be different./ Now, niggas cant make it to balance to choose leadership/ but we can make it to Jacobs and to the dealership./ Thats why I hear new music and I just dont be feeling it./ Racism still alive, they just be concealing it. / But I know, you dont want me in the damn club./ They even made me show ID to get inside of Sams Club./ I done did dirt then went to church to have my hands scrubbed:/ Swear Ive been baptized at least three or four times. / But in the land where niggas pray, shoot guns, and get paid,/ its gonna take a lot more than coupons to get us saved. / Like it take a lot more than do rags to get ya waves./ Now as sad as that day, my girl father passed away/ so I promised him Mr. Ramey, Im gonna marry ya daughter/and you know I gotta thank you for the way that she was brought up./ And I know I felt you smiling when you seen the car I bought her./ Then you sent tears from heaven when you seen my car get balled up, but/ I cant complain bout what an accident did to my left eye,/ cuz look what an accident did to Left Eye./ First Aaliyah, now Romeo must die?/ I know I got angels watching me from the other side...

No comments: